Songs you'd like GOY to cover

It’s no secret that GOY has done a bunch of really great covers of other artists’ songs. Let’s make a list of songs we wish they’d cover.

I was driving across town today and this song came on, and as I was singing at the top of my lungs, I thought, Wow, I’d love to hear GOY do this song. So my first nomination is:

"Don’t Change" - INXS

Your turn!

So many good ones to choose from already! ‘Blood’ was my favourite song of last year (yes, even more than the GFIL album - and I adore that album!). It feels like an eternity ago, but they released a version of ‘Straight to You’ by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds earlier this year that I love.

During the North American support tour for the Foo Fighters back in October they opened the show with part of ‘Bastards of Young’ by The Replacements before segueing into ‘Fear and Trembling’ - I’d love to see them release a full version of that.

Other songs I’d love to see get the Gang of Youths treatment: ‘We 3’ by Soul Asylum, ‘Without You’ by Silverchair, ‘Harpoon’ by Jebediah.

During one of the Sydney shows I saw last week, Dave on solo piano went from ‘Persevere’ into ‘A Case of You’ by Joni Mitchell. He’s also Springsteen’s ‘I’m On Fire’ on certain tour dates as well.

Whether he’s singing his own words or other peoples, I could listen to him all day!

“All the young dudes” from David Bowie. Seems to fit the bands style, some kind of scat lyric into a nice chorus.

Looks like they did Bloodbuzz Ohio by the National last night. Can’t wait to see them in DC on Monday.

I would’ve loved a full band version, but I’ll take that happily. :slight_smile:

Have fun Monday, Tim! Any chance you’ll be doing pics/videos?

I’ll take some pictures but I’m not much of a video guy. I like to experience the moment. I’ll do my best to give you a review after the show!

Enjoy the show, Tim - we’re living vicariously through you on Monday. :slight_smile:

Since playing ‘Bloodbuzz Ohio’ Dave has opened solo with covers, playing ‘Ahead By A Century’ in Toronto and ‘Streets Of Philadelphia’ in Philly. There are plenty of New York themed songs for him to choose from, so I’m looking forward to his choice at the NY gig.

It’s cool that they’re doing that to open the shows.

OMG, I’d love for them to cover “In Your Eyes.”

Parting Ways from the 2000’s Pearl Jam album BINAURAL.