Would GOY open for U2?

It’s looking very likely that U2 is going to tour in Australia at the end of this year. Just wrote this up on @U2:

I’ve had several U2 friends (who also know of my GOY fandom) ask if GOY might open for them, and I think there are arguments you could make both ways – yes and no. I remember an online interview (that I can’t find right now) where Dave mentions U2 as one of the bands he’d like GOY to support – this was a few years ago, IIRC. And he’s mentioned in several interviews that The Positions was influenced pretty heavily by The Joshua Tree.

When U2 toured the JTREE anniversary in 2017, the opening acts were pretty big name acts – Mumford & Sons, Lumineers, One Republic, Beck, etc.

I’m especially wondering what you folks in Australia think – would GOY open for U2 later this year? Would U2 even ask them, or would they be looking for bigger names?

I’ve been wondering the same thing lately. If they did end up supporting them, I don’t think I can afford the fan fees to get across to the other side of the world to see that crazy combination of my two fav bands.